Replacement latches for windows.

A home owner from Wiggins, MS says:
The only information I can find on my windows is the following-
Series 7000/7100 SH
AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440-05
I have also attached a picture of the latch, which is 2 7/8" x 1". I am looking for pricing, availability and whether they can be returned if they don't fit and different ones ordered.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0429.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at our 90-286. Go over the dimensions listed on the product page to see if this matches what you need. You can view our Return Policy here.

My latch measurements are 5/8" deep x 2 1/16" width center to center. The 11/16" of this latch would probably work, but the 1 7/8" width center to center won't work.
Do you have a latch with 5/8" x 2 1/16" hole centers, or can you drill holes in the top of the window for new screws? I would be worried about the strength of the holes due to the close proximity of the existing ones. Your feedback welcome.
Profile picture of Bob

How about the 90-278? This has a hole spacing of 2-1/16" and also the 11/16" offset.

Will the 2 1/16" x 11/16" part of latch #90-278 lock into the part I have pictured here? The lock part of #90-278 appears to attach horizontally to the window frame whereas mine attaches vertically. Thread spacing on this part of my latch is 1".
I understand I will have to buy both pieces if the 90-278 will lock into my remaining piece, unless you have this style latch. Will await your feedback on options.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0431.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Apologies, I should have clarified. The keeper that comes with the 90-278 definitely won't work with your window; you have a face-mount keeper, perhaps like our 90-237. I believe the 90-278 lock will work with that style of keeper all the same; the throw on the lock can interact with it just fine. Let me know if you have any other questions.

So, if I order the 90-278 it should work with my current latch and I won't need to order your face-mount keeper, #90-237?
If I order the 90-278, will I get both pieces at $2.99 each? If not, what is the price for the 90-278 and how many do you need to order for a quantity price break? How do I place an order?
Profile picture of Bob

I would certainly check your existing keeper to see if it matches our 90-237; but if it looks similar and its undamaged, no, there's no reason to buy a new one. I am afraid the 90-278 is only sold as a set with the sash lock and keeper together. Discounts start with bulk orders of (25) or more. All orders can be placed online right through the online store. Simply click "Add to Cart" on the 90-278 shop page, and then click "Checkout" at the top right hand corner of the screen. Don't forget to set the quantity!

Ok, I got my order placed. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I have one other question for you. My windows have the tilt latches and are double pane insulated glass. I have one window that has a cracked pane and I need to take it out to get it to the glass shop for replacement. I can get the windows to tilt, but how do you take completely out? Now that our weather is warming up during the day, I wanted to get this repaired.
Profile picture of Bob

To remove the sash, lift the window up a few inches, then tilt the sash toward you. With one side up first to disengage the sash, then the other. The video below, while concerning the replacement of pivot bars, illustrates this process.

How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.