Replacement lock

A home owner from Columbia, MD says:

Good afternoon,

I am in the process of selling my house in Columbia, MD. We have had an inspection and we need to replace the lock on our sliding glass door. The lock does not have a keep and I believe the latch itself is broken as well. We have been having issues finding the replacement lock. The house was built 24 years ago. We have ordered two from Home Depot and neither wound up working. Rather than having to replace the entire door the guy at the hardware section suggested that we reach out to you guys to see if you can give us the correct parts. It would be a tremendous help and save us a lot of money. I have sent pictures of the lock and the door. I thank you so much in advance.

I look forward to speaking with you guys soon!

Rebecca

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 060247C8-E18C-48BF-90B4-762BB023F07F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F0EC5D46-D1A1-4D6E-A6CC-DE8E3D9574C7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4E487985-FD43-4EBC-AFB1-30123556397F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 42B5CDE4-E53B-4065-AFB4-BAD4527CE204.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A11379F2-9195-482B-B9B7-BE35EFB9F490.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Rebecca! You definitely don't have to replace the door. In fact, I think our 82-055K Handle set is exactly what you want. I would just double check to confirm that the hole spacing is the same. Measuring from center-to-center, the hole spacing is 3-1/2" on our 82-055K. Let me know what you think!

Hello Tom!

Thanks for your quick response! If I'm measuring the correct hole which is the one I took a picture of in the 3rd image, it is measuring at 1.5 inch long by 1 inch wide. Not sure if that's the right spot? I also measured the lock lengthwise from the part where the key goes in on the outside of the door to the part where it can be locked on the inside and that was about 3.5 inches. Let me know if I did it right.

Thanks!
Hey Tom,

So I looked sat the product and realized what was meant by the installation holes. It gave a picture of what was measure 3.5 inches. So looks like for mine the holes are at 4 inches apart actually.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you!  Yes, I was referring to the installation holes. Sorry for the confusion. 

I would double check the 4" hole spacing to be sure it isn't 3-15/16" instead. That is more common. If it is, then I think our 82-003 is a good match. The only catch is that we don't have a keyed version, exclusively. You'd have to purchase our 82-306 separately and use that as the outside handle.

Alternatively, assuming your current key lock and outside handle aren't damaged, you could just reuse them.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.