Replacement of 1992 Pella wood slider bottom rollers

A handy person from Annapolis, Maryland says:
I think I know which part to buy but just want to get your opinion.
The roller on my 1992-manufacured Pella Proline aluminum-clad wood sliding door is misbehaving and the one nearest the door locking assembly side is particularly problematic.
Measurements for the overall housing I've got is a width of 2.75", a height of 1 7/8" and depth of 5/8". The steel wheel assembly drops down and appears to be 2.25" from the pivot at the housing and tip of the wheel.

See attached photos.

Please provide recommendations for the correct replacements. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageVQH0mK.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagexxjD3U.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImage4VeAMi.gif
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I would recommend starting by comparing the specifications of the 81-098 Pella patio door roller to yours. Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the feedback.

That is one of two that I also thought was appropriate.

The other one was the generic version 81-249 which is not manufactured by Pella but seems to be a reasonable, less-expensive alternative. Any thoughts? If you have any reluctance with me doing the alternative then I'll see about ordering the 81-098. Thanks again.

John 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

The 81-249 does have the same specifications and could work well for your repair. With that being said, Pella doors are very specific. Ultimately, it is up to you if you would like to stick with Pella's original hardware or try the more cost-effective, generic alternative. 

Thank you Casey, I appreciate your opinion. I'll order the Pella part in the morning. I was thinking about buying both rollers and replace both sides but I think I'll just order one of the 81-098 replacements now and the other later

after I get the faulty one replaced and feel comfortable with my installation skills. Thanks again for your support and insight. Have a good one.

John 

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.