Replacement of latch springs

A quick learner from Vestal, NY says:
My storm windows and screens are in good shape except for the springs which have rusted and are broken. I have good 91-009 latches which are all in good shape. I need to replace the 91-102 springs. Can this be done by just forcing them into the slot? I see that there is only 1/64th difference between the channel and the spring diameter. If I take the frame apart as you show in your video, I'll have to remove the glass and screens first. Let me know what my options are for replacing the springs. Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you do have the 91-009 latches, then our 91-102 springs should fit for you. Our video is the safest method we recommend without damaging the frame.
How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.