Replacement part for benchmark bifold steel doors

A handy person from Syracuse, NY says:
I need a replacement part for benchmark bifold steel doors. Pictures show one part intact on one door, but the same part is missing for the other door. Please let me know if you can help me. Thank you.
User submitted photos of bi-fold door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Please start by looking at our 21-002, 21-042, or 21-044 Benchmark closet door pins. Could any of these be what you need?
I should have mentioned, it's the top pin I need a replacement for. I'm assuming now that the odd shaped washer/nut is from the bottom pin? Homeowner could have done anything with it. Are there installation instructions available for both pins? Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You can use 21-044 guide pin assembly for the top guide pin that fits in the top bracket and for the top and bottom door guide. I find that the 21-044 is an easier pin assembly to install. You'll need to remove the door to make the pin installation easier.

First, pull down the the top guide pin out of the track and then the top pivot pin to remove the door. Remove the old pins by breaking off the bottom palnut. Squeeze the bottom spring retainer off the 21-044 pin, then slide the pin with the spring through the door. Install the spring retainer back on the pin to lock it on the door. Reinstall the two bottom pins in the track and pull down on the top pins to reinstall in the top track. The door adjustment is at the bottom of the 21-002 threaded pin. Loosen the nut and then screw the pin either clockwise or counterclockwise to raise or lower the door.
This has been extremely helpful, thank you for your time!
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.