Replacement part for Certainteed Window

A home owner from South Portland, ME says:
I am looking for a replacement part for a Certainteed Window. The following number was on the bottom of the window. I don't know if it will help as I couldn't find the number with this company anywhere online.

The part goes on the side of the window allowing it to stay up and slide up and down. It looks like a bracket in the shape of an "L" and screws onto the corner of the window. The backet is 5/8" wide, the length of the short side of the "L" is probably 2 inches or so (I didn't measure) and the short side of the "L" is about 5/8" long. There is an oblong piece coming out the short side of the "L" that pops into the window casing.

I've attached pictures of half of the part. The other half is still screwed into the window.
Can you help?

User submitted photos of a tilt pivot.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, Karen. Thanks for contacting us. It's hard to tell based on these pictures, but I think that you may have the old style Certainteed tilt pivots. I wouldn't know for sure though without seeing a picture of one that is undamaged.

That said, take a look at the newer style 26-175. I believe that this still works in place of the old style pivot shoe, if it has a metal center. Do you think you can get this to work?

You may also want to consider our 26-353.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)