Replacement parts

A quick learner from Phila! says:
Hey guys,

Looking to replace some of the failed parts on my Truth Hardware windows.

The Tie bar is 39 inches long with two cone type rollers, one cylinder.

Then I need 6 replacement guide clips.

Let me know if anything else is needed to clarify.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0447.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0446.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0445.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0444.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings from Swisco. Our 39-417 tie bar guide can do the trick in a replacement. Look it over and see what you think.

Great! What about an actual replacement tie bar?
Profile picture of Paul

Oh, sorry about that. I missed that detail of your post.

Looking at your tie bar, it appears to be 38.9" long with two cones and one lock drive. Is that an accurate assessment? We can definitely supply this size, but we don't currently have it in stock. The lead time will take approximately 5 weeks. If you're okay with that, let us know and we can work on having stock made up.

Hi there, yes that would be great. In the meantime, can I order some of the clips?
Profile picture of Paul

Sure thing! You can place an order for the 39-417 tie bar guides whenever you wish.

We will get started on those tie bars, too, and we'll notify you as soon as we have an update.

Hi Paul,

Looking into 39-417, it looks like the measurements are off.

Total distance between center of mounting holes - 1 1/8 inch
Total distance wide - 1 1/2 inch
Total distance long - 1 3/4 inch
Total width of tie bar - 1/2 inch
Profile picture of Paul

Oh yeah, the dimensions for the 39-417 will definitely be off. That won't matter, though. These guides serve a very simple function: all they have to do is screw to the window and clip to the tie bar, and they have plenty of room to do so. 

The manufacturer changes the design of this guide about once every few years. I think as a company we've gone through a dozen iterations, and each one has been 100% interchangeable with the others. I know it looks different, but I'm very confident that our 39-417 will work for you. On the off chance it doesn't, there  is no other option on the market. This is pretty much it. 

Profile picture of Paul

Hello again! Please see our new 38-907 tie bar. We believe this will match your original quite well. Look it over and let me know what you think!

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing tie bar guides
Replacing tie bar guides
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.