Replacement parts for MI 380 series windows

A quick learner from San Francisco, CA says:
Hi There --

We have 9 MI 380 double hung windows and none of them will stay shut at the top. I think the issue is the "balancer", and I contacted MI, but they sent me your way. Do you know what the part I need is?

Also, we have one swing window that we need a new handle for (see attached photo).

Seth
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 16.11.16.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 16.11.10.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 16.11.04.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

we'd be happy to help but we would need to see an undamaged balance assembly removed from the window to compare to our inventory.

Also, please open your casement window so that we can see the operator's arms that move the sash in and out. The worm geat that holds your handle appears to be missing, so you'll need to replace the entire operator to correct the problem. Thank you!

Ok, here are the pictures that I was able to get. Does that give you what you need?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-28 at 13.53.27 (4).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-28 at 13.53.27 (3).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-28 at 13.53.27 (2).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-28 at 13.53.27 (1).jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Hello,

Take a look at our 15-180 pivot shoe that supports the Series 190 coils. As for your operator, carefully compare the specifications of our 39-393 Roto operators to yours. Thanks for posting! 

Sorry it took me so long to reply! I went and re-checked the coils and I can't for the life of me find a stamp. Is there a standard balance I should try? Just get one in the middle?
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, there is no standard option but if there are no stamps on your coils, you can weigh your window sash and divide the weight by the number of coils in the window to choose the appropriate stamp option. 

Ok, I weighed it! It comes in at a little more than 16lbs, and there are two coils. Does that mean we need the 840?
Profile picture of Casey

I agree that if you are using one coil on each side of the window, the S190-840 would be the correct replacement option. Thank you!

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.