Replacement patio screen door latch and pull

A quick learner from California says:
I believe my current part is your product code 83-001, with screw holes 2 7/8 inches apart. I'm looking for a design more similar to your part code 83-002 or 83?003. Specifically, I want the pull handle to be over the screen so the screen is protected. You can see in the picture we are starting to put a hole in our screen. I have tried to repair, but that is already failing. Do you have a part with the screw holes 2 7/8 inches apart that has a handle to protect our screen?

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A95690C1-3EF2-4AF8-86BA-5D85DDE026EE.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, we do not have another screen door handle that matches your description. Without drilling new holes, your options are probably very limited. You will probably have to stick with the 83-001 unless you're willing to adapt the door to accommodate a new style.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.