Replacement pile weatherstripping

A home owner from Hagerstown, Maryland says:
I am looking for replacement pile weatherstripping for my Alside UltraMaxx Windows. The weatherstripping that is deteriorating is located on the bottom of the windowsill facing outward. I have attach pictures taken from the outside of my window. The first picture is of a window with the stripping in tact. The second is one where half of the weatherstripping is missing. It's hard to see, but half of it is missing. The fin that held it in place is gone on the piece that came out. There is no way to install new weatherstripping unless it has a flexible fin and I would use a screwdriver to push it in. There is no way to slide it in from an end as there is no opening. Looks like the channel is 3/16" and the pile looks to be 3/16" or 1/4". I'm not sure if the info I've provided makes any sense. In the winter, air is coming in through where the bottom of the window meets the sill due to the missing pile strip. This is the case for several of my windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ruth Danner
User submitted photos of wool pile.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm having trouble finding what you need, Ruth. Can you give me the width of the base and height of the fuzzy pile? We will need your measurements to be as precise as possible. It's not uncommon for these sizes to be in the 1/32" range. You can look through our selection of wool pile to get an idea of what measurements to look for.
A home owner from Maryland says:
The fuzzy pile is 3/16". The fin has disintegrated, but it appears the channel to insert it in is 3/16" as well. Are the fins flexible? As I will have to push it in with a screwdriver.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
The only wool pile we have in 3/16" x 3/16" with a fin seal is our 58-021. Could that work for you? The center fin is flexible, yes.
A quick learner says:
I have ordered the 3/16". Hopefully it will work. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for the order! We appreciate it. Please let me know how it works out.
A home owner from Maryland says:
Received the weatherstripping today. It was easy to install and a perfect fit! Thanks again!
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.