Replacement rollers for sliding screen door

A quick learner from Sunset Beach says:
Think I found what I need, 4 of the 84-008. I have 2 questions.
1. Which do you recommend, the metal or nylon roller ?
2. What are the screen door corners for? Do they stiffen up the very flexible screen frame?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
To tell the truth, my wife likes the 84-008 nylon wheel. She says it makes less noise on the screen doors at home. I personally like the 84-008M because I believe it lasts longer, since it's metal. It is really a matter of preference. I usually install the 84-008M on the bottom and the nylon version at the top, while lubricating the wheels and tracks from time to time. As for the patio door corners, they are what hold the patio screen together at the ends.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.