Replacement sash release lever

A quick learner from Chicago says:
Need 4 new sash release levers. The photo shows a broken one marked "Traco", with the broken portion that engages the sash release mechanism remaining visible in the top rail. Our levers resemble your DACO finger lever #26-007 in dimension and shape, however the portion that engages the sash release mechanism is oriented perpendicular to the lever rather than parallel as seen in the DACO model. Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F694AC88-5879-44E3-8A74-BC9384236029.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C3E4B7A1-4050-4335-9390-199F5B719071.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. While the top part of the 26-007 may be the same size, the top part doesn't really have anything to do with how the latch works. It's just a matter of appearances.

On the other hand, the size, spacing, and shape of the installation "fork" are all vital dimensions. You will need to get an undamaged version of your latch and tell me these exact specifications so that we can find a good match.

A quick learner from Chicago says:
Thanks Tom. Let me try explaining it differently. The installation "fork" of my broken release lever is oriented such that prongs of the fork run perpendicular to the long dimension of the window top rail. You can see this in the photo provided. The broken fork pieces measure 5/16" in length. (I removed them after taking the photo and measured their vertical length).
In the DACO part, the prongs of the fork run parallel to the top rail.
So, I am looking for a part that resembles the DACO part in the area where one would engage their fingers, but does not resemble the DACO part with regard to the orientation of the installation fork that goes down inside the window top rail to engage the sash locking mechanism.
Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 35D12472-AD80-4200-9731-71F57FC6FD93.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for clarifying. We haven't had any luck in finding a finger lever configured like you described. I've checked everywhere and it doesn't seem like anyone makes this.

In cases like this, we suggest going with a top mounted tilt latches like our 26-228 and 26-229, among others that you can see here. Internal latches like yours can be a lot of trouble to track down and I personally use this setup whenever I encounter something that isn't made anymore, which I suspect is the case you're in. See our video on installation below for more info on how these parts can work for you.

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.