Replacement screen clip

A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Hello -

I have Malta windows and on many of them the plastic screen clips are broken. I ordered part 70-048 but the clips didn't fit properly. It fit in the window frame but wouldn't clip into the screen.

So now I'm looking for an alternate option. It looks like 70-204 might be a good alternative. Do you agree?

User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Sorry to hear about the trouble. The 70-048 is actually Malta's new style which they are using to replace the old clips, but for some reason they changed the dimensions from the old one. If that won't work, the 70-204 is definitely a good choice to hold in the bottom of the screen. The 70-204 is used for 7/16" thick screen frames, but you can squeeze it for a 3/8" thick screen.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)