Replacement snap in glazing bead for Better Bilt windows

A home owner from Arizona says:
I am looking for glazing bead for my double pane Better Bilt windows that I am assuming are original to the house (house built in 1994). The glazing has either separated from the window, waved or is missing in some cases. The glazing has a curved side that snaps in between the window and frame. The part laying against the outside of the window appears to be flat. At the corner there appears to be a narrow trough. Each side measures 5/8 inch. The glass on all windows is in excellent condition, as the seals appear to be good. My preference is to repair rather than replace (as we have 33 windows). Living in Arizona (Phoenix) the sun has a tendency to dry out these materials.

Do you have the glazing that would work for me?
Replacement Snap-in glazing
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great question. Although our 55-017 snap-in glazing bead has a slightly different shape, it should still be able to work on your Better Bilt window. Once you have this installed, you will not be able to tell the difference between your current one and the replacement.
A home owner from Arizona says:
Hi! I gave this Better Bilt bay window that has this part bent and really brittle. I don't have a clue what it is called but I have pics to show you. I asked a windows guy and he said it is a beading?
Please help!
Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FD6BF79F-9481-4A71-B8A8-9DF85171DBD6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 72B0B4D0-056F-4E2A-AE89-741976EA87FE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EC2A7CB3-9D99-4619-A543-A5777405802F.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at our 55-180 glazing bead. Let us know if you think this could work for you.

A handy person from Phoenix says:
I seem to have the same problem with glazing strips for Better Built windows. How do I get some?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We sell a variety of different glazing beads. I'm not sure what type you have, but assuming it matches the glazing bead in the photos above then you can review the same recommendations we made for that customer. If not, you can browse our complete glazing bead section here to find a match. 

If you haven't already, you'll need to remove a small  and undamaged sample of your old glazing so that you can make out its end profile. You won't be able to find a match for your glazing while it's still installed in the window.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.