Replacement spiral balancers and pivot lock shoes

A home owner from Poinciana, FL says:
My home was built in 2005 with windows that I cannot brand. The bottom pane of the windows tilts out for maintenance. They use spiral balance rods, some of which are rusted and/or worn. I want to replace them as well as the pivot lock shoes. I need to order new spiral balance rods and pivot lock shoes, but am not sure what replacement parts would do. One of my balance rods measures 30" long and is 7/16" wide with the plastic sheathing. This is larger than your replacement hardware, so I'm not sure what to order.

The pivot lock shoe for that window measures 3/8" thick, a little more than 2" high, and about 31/32" wide. It looks like part Code 15-134 may be the proper replacement, but please advise.

My plan is to remove the balancing rods and perhaps the shoes from all my 25 windows, and then order from you.

I appreciate your advice on what parts will serve my needs.

Richard Bissell
Pivot shoe
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
As long as the width and thickness match the 15-134, I think it could be a good option, especially since the cam opening appears to be nearly square, like yours. As for the spiral balance, it would depend on the diameter of the outer plastic tube. If yours is 3/8", I recommend our Series 900 spiral balance. If it is 5/8" or 9/16", I recommend our Series 600 instead.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)