Replacement spiral hardware and pivot shoes

A quick learner from Michigan says:

I recently purchased Balancers for one of My windows and added the shoes. The shoes I received were different than mine.

The shoes I received are 1/4 wide and mine are 5/16, same as the My pivot rod channel width. Also my shoe pivot cylinder protrudes 1/16 from the shoe which would make a surface contact difference with the pivot rod and the shoe.

Also My pivot channel is just a piece of channel no raised surfaces, with a screw hole to locate and clamp it to the window.

Are the parts I need still in stock ?

I have 16 windows and I may just do them all.

Thanks,

Dave

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi Dave. I took a moment and looked at your last order with us in what you chose for replacement hardware. I believe we can help you get back on the right track. To start, we'd like to see photos of your spiral balance and pivot shoe. If we can have you take photos of them side by side with the replacements you purchased from us so we can see the visual difference. We'd also like to know the height, and thickness of the pivot shoe as well as the tube diameter of your spiral balance. From there, we will see what went wrong and see what can be done to get this right for you.

A quick learner from Michigan says:
Thanks Paul for responding.
I hope the attached pictures tell the story.
The balancer diameter is 3/8 I did order the 9/16 (My Bad). A 3/8 wide shoe would seem to work fine.
Dave
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190628_104926.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190628_105005.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for getting back to us with more photos and information. We do offer a 15-212 pivot shoe that may work for you. It accepts a 5/16" wide by 3/16" high pivot bar. Look it over carefully and see if this part will work for you.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.