Replacement storm door handle with interior deadbolt

A quick learner from Penrose, Co says:

Is it possible to replace just the inside lever a nd not the whole deadbolt assembly on the 40-131 storm door handle. I had just replaced the whole thing, both indoor an outdoor handles and the deadbolt late last winter or early spring. It is just the inside handle that has broken again! They really are not the strongest handles, but it is the only type that works on our storm door and can't replace a new storm door at this time.

Also can I purchase just the replacement spindles (5/16"x/16" x 11/16"x11/16")?

Thanks in advance,

Connie

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I do believe the 40-145 inside lever handle will work along with the 40-131 handle set. Take a look and see what you think. One further thought is that people might be pulling on the lever handle to close the door, which could cause strain. Take a look at the 20-014 window sash handle. Believe it or not, I installed this on my storm door at home because people were pulling on the storm door handle to close the door faster. This gave them something else to grab. Just note if you adapted to this to your door that you'd need to drill holes to install it; take great care not to hit any glass if you attempt this. Finally, as for the spindle we don't sell that separately. Apologies for any inconvenience. 

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.