Replacement support balance for Alenco Windows

A handy person from Grass Valley, CA says:
I am a maintenance person at a school. I have two Alenco windows that I believe need new support balances. The two windows appear to be the same size. Each window had different support balances. One had two 2730's and one had one 2820 and was missing the other. I need help trying to figure out, based on the windows, what is the correct size window balance. I also need the clips that hold the balance in. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190823_151627.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190823_151713.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We can help you replace these balances, but we'll need to see pictures of a balance from each window. Specifically, we need to see pictures of the nylon fittings on either end, as well as the stamp code on the metal channels. The length of the metal channels, not including the nylon fittings, would also be most helpful. From there, we'll try and narrow down what we need. Many thanks.

Here are the photos. The metal portion of 2820 is 29 inches long and the metal portion of 2730 is 28 inches. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190828_122903.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190828_122931.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190828_122939.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190828_123024.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190828_123052.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the reply, this is exactly what we needed to see! Looks like you need either our S351-28 or S390-28 with a stamp option 2730, as well as either our S351-29 or S390-29 with a stamp option of 2820. The only difference between the Series 351 and Series 390 is the 'depth' of the bottom nylon shoe, so compare both Series to your old balances to see what matches best. 

Thanks. These windows are the same size so it is unlikely that I would need both sizes. Can you help me figure out which size is appropriate for the windows that I have? or will either size fit? Or do you use both sizes in the same window. I will compare for the depth of the nylon shoe. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We don't think you need both sizes either. You need one of these two Series, we just don't know which one.

I'm afraid we can't really narrow it down any more from here, though. Like Bob said, the only difference between them is the size of the shoe. You'll have to measure yours as accurately as you can to determine which option is right for you. The difference is important, but subtle, so it's not something we can really eyeball through photographs. You'll have to use your best judgement.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.