Replacement sweep

Quick Learner from USA
Dec 21, 2015 8:26 am

Hope you can provide info so I can order correct part.

I have a metal exterior front Stanley #28915 door with wood bottom to attach sweep. Swri # is 98038-05-01.
Size is 36" wide x 1/34 " thick.

See attached photos , thanking you in advance for your help on this.
User submitted photos of a door sweep.
3 Replies
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Dec 22, 2015 9:07 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Hey, thanks for posting. I find that our 58-176 works great with Stanley doors. It just wraps around the bottom and installs with screws. Take a look and let me know if you could get this to work.
Quick Learner from Manchester, NJ
Mar 15, 2022 8:39 am
I have the same door and i'm interested in this same door sweep. Can I remove the old and install this one without having to take the door off the hinges?
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Mar 15, 2022 11:25 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

It may be possible to remove the old sweep and install the new without removing the door first, but it's going to be awkward. It honestly might even be more trouble than it's worth. Unless there is a serious mitigating factor I think overall it would be easier to remove the door before attempting that.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts