Replacement tilt latch for sliding window

A handy person from Wethersfield, Ct says:
I have an Andersen window and one of the sash cords failed. I want to replace all the cords but I notice I need a number from the original sash cord part in order to order the parts from you. This means I have to take apart the window BEFORE I order the part. Is there some other way I could get the part number? The window is about 30 years old, it is a double hung and it measures about 48 1/2" high by 40 1/2" wide.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm a little confused. Your question is concerning an Andersen sash balance, but your pictures appear to be of an unrelated tilt latch. I wonder if there was an error at some point during your upload.

I will just answer both problems here and hope for the best! For the tilt latches, I believe our 26-120 and 26-121 will replace what you have. They match your dimensions and style quite well.

As for the Andersen balance issue, it is recommended that you give us the stamps printed on the original balance box, but we could also work off of the Height" x Width" of the visible glass. Now, this second method isn't the most reliable, and we cannot guarantee our suggestion will work, but the flip side is it's a little easier to deal with.
A handy person from wethersfield, ct says:
the sash question was not mine, but the pics were.
still i got an answer.
thank you
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)