Replacement window channel balances

A home owner from San Marcos, CA says:
I need to order replacement channel balances for 3 sliding windows. I uploaded pictures. The numbers stamped in the metal were 27 4 for the 28 inch channel balance (need four of these), and 30 2 for the 31 inch channel balance (need 2 of these). I also need the plastic end pieces for each channel balance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BA257B0A-9EFE-4765-8429-4B8652DB1E14.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5B983E15-BA44-4D9D-A85D-6F1EC50DE5C4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3CC3E7C0-03DE-4341-BD80-2541E42115A3.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Looks like both sets of balances are either our Series 380 or Series 385 Channel Balances. The only difference between these two Series is the 'depth' of the bottom nylon shoe. With the Series 380 the depth of this nylon shoe is 1", whereas with the Series 385 it is 1-3/32". Compare with your own balances and see what is best.

Once you know which balance Series you have, choose the lengths you need (28" and 31", respectively). Then you must choose a stamp option. For the balances that are 28" long, you will need a stamp option of 2740, which is for a window sash in the weight range of 19 through 26 lbs. For the 31" long balances, choose the stamp option of 3020, which for a sash weight range of 12 through 16 lbs. Let us know if you have any questions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)