Replacement window shoes

A contractor from Haverhill, MA says:
I have a 3 family property with approximately 35 windows that need repairs. I have experience with changing shoes and balances but I need some help with identifying the type of parts I need. The windows don't have any identifying markers as to who the manufacturer is.

Can someone give me a call to review some options please? I have a few pics that may be helpful.


A customer submitted photo of a spiral balance shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. It looks like you have two types of shoes here. For the picture on the left, please take a look at our 15-015 pivot lock shoe, which goes with our Series 600 balance. Make sure to match its dimensions to your hardware. Do you think this would work?

The picture on the left, however, looks like it's part of our constant force balance system. In order to identify the shoe, we need to know what type of coil balance it has. Please remove the system from your window and let us know what the number stamped on the coil spring reads. Thank you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at