Replacements for casement windows that turn out

A quick learner says:
I need six replacement for my windows: Does your part number. 34-95-3 fit the requirement? I have no one else to ask. I measured my part and it is pretty close to your measurements. Also it does not give out the size of screw. I would need. Just in case. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9E125D25-9A14-423F-A9D7-AD01D4BEB411.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3BE4AA7A-8D80-41CB-8299-41A97BEE2564.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Your lock looks like it could be a good match for our 38-036. Check it out and let me know if you agree, or if you had any other questions.

A home owner from Fond du lac. Wi says:

I ordered. ( item #. 38-036). When it came. I placed it in the hole and proceeded to try to lock the window. The hook end is different than the new piece. So I could lock the window tight%. 

#1question? do you have a part that would be a companion to the new one(38-036) ? What I mean is a bar that the latch would fit under. Or should Isend everything back! . 

Also. When I close the new part it is very hard to open again. 

Thank in advance for your help. Arla

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what the issue may be. I've used the 38-036 lock to replace this older model before and never ran into the issue you've described. It would definitely be my only pick for replacement.

I wonder if shimming the lock out a little would help. We do sell the 38-036S, which is compatible with the 38-036 and pads it out a little. That may give the hook a little more room. Right now it sounds like its more of a tight fit than it should be.

That said, this is just an educated guess. In my experience the 38-036 should work for your window without adaptation.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.