Replacing Window Balance

A quick learner from Lansdowne, PA says:
Hi, One of my windows balances broke on both sides, top and bottom. I need to replace. The brand is Simonton Prism. I've attached the images for the balance, the balance foot, the window foot, and the serial number. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1544.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1541.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1542.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1545.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I have good news and bad news for you. The bad news is that Simonton no longer makes this balance type. The good news is that you can use the Certainteed brand coil balance parts instead. See our 15-192 pivot shoe, as well as our Series 170 bottom and Series 171 top coil springs. The video below will show you how these are all put together.

There is one important thing to note, which is that your old pivot bar will not work with the new 15-192 shoe. You will need to reuse the metal cam from the old pivot shoe, so make sure you don't throw them out!
A quick learner from Lansdowne, PA says:
Thanks for the information! Can the pivot bars be replaced with a compatible one? The metal cam broke on one of the shoes, as did one of the pivot bars.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's an issue, then. The only pivot bar around that can replace the old Simonton model is our 26-336. However, this is not compatible with the 15-192 shoe. The problem is the "collar" that wraps around the front tip.

You can still get the 26-336 to work with the 15-192, but it will require you to grind down that collar until it's totally flat on the top and bottom. I know that's not ideal, but it should work. There is also no other option known to us. I apologize for the inconvenience.

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.