Replacing an ACME 4014X-000 sliding door top guide

A home owner from Germany says:
I intend to add 2 sliding doors to my existing walk-in closet.
The doors are made of metal frame.
I have two of them in reserve, built out of another closet. But, unfortunately, the top guide does not fit to the other sliding doors.
The top guide, that I actually need, is made by "ACME".
The product-number seems to be 4014X-000 (at least this is printed in the black plastic attachment - for details see the attached images).
Can I use your product "23-222" instead of the original ACME-product?
Length and width seem to be suitable (2-7/8" and 2-1/4"). But I can not gather the depth from your product description. Is it about 1-2/5"?

And is it possible to replace only some rubber wheels? This would be appropriate for the worn-out guides of some of my existing sliding doors ...

I hope, you can help me. My search here in Germany was absolutely unsuccesful ...
user submitted photo of closet roller
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Good Afternoon,

The 23-222 is used to replace a few different rollers used by various door manufacturers and ACME is one of them. Unfortunately I cannot say for sure if the 23-222 can replace the ACME 4014X-000. I see a few other numbers and stamps on the back of the roller in your picture but I cannot make them out. I may be able to cross reference one of them if you can respond in a post the different numbers stamped on the back of the guide.

Your door guide looks very similar to our 23-222 but I am not sure if the differently shaped wheels will make a difference or not. I took a new picture of the 23-222 and measured different points of depth because I was not sure which one you are looking for. Let me know if you need any other additional dimensions.

Alternate view displaying the depth of the 23-222 mirror door guide.
Note: 23-222 has been discontinued. See replacement part 23-222B for a subsitute.
A home owner from Germany says:
Thank you for your response. The measured depth of 1-1/2" is exactly the one I asked for. The differently shaped wheels will very probably not make any difference - for they are only responsible for keeping the door properly in the track (which is 1-1/2" of width).

Besides: The other numbers stamped on the back of the guide are the patent-numbers of the U.S. (37500337) an of the U.K. (1430882).
Profile picture of Tom

Note: 23-222 has been discontinued. See replacement part 23-222C for a subsitute.

A landlord from Neprune Beach says:
Hi,

We need to replace an original Acme sliding door part # 4010. U.S. PAT 3750337. Would part 4014X-000 work?

Thank you,

Brad
A customer submitted image of their closet door guide.
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Brad. Actually, looking at your image here, I think our 23-044 might be a closet match. Let me know if you agree.
A landlord from Neptune Beach says:
Awesome!I agree, part # 23-044 is what we need!

Thank you,

Brad
A home owner from West Deptford NJ 08086 says:
Brad I also need part number 23-044 for my closet door. How do I go about ordering it. Thank you for your assistance.

Ski
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your order can be placed from the 23-044 product page. Simply click "Add to Cart," and then click "Checkout" at the top right hand corner of the screen. Don't forget to set the quantity! 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.