Replacing channel balance for Alcan single hung window

A home owner from Clearwater, FL says:
I recently purchased replacement S710-18 channel balances for my Alcan windows. The dimensions of the metal component of the replacement balance is identical to the original balance. The foot and top clip are different. I have attached photos showing the differences.

With the replacement balances in place, the window pane does not want to seat back into the channel. I'm assuming the foot and top clip protrude out more than the original. Is there an foot/clip option I should have specified? Please advise. I have a number of this type of window and am sure that I will be needing to purchase additional balances in the future.

Regards,

Steve
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, it looks like you purchased the wrong balance Series. The nylon attachments on either end of the metal channel are very important. Check out our Series 380 instead. This looks like a better match, but make sure the dimensions of the nylon attachments are the same as your original balances.
A quick learner from Clearwater, FL says:
Thank you for your response. I followed the link to the Series 380 and it does look to match my existing clip and foot. I will verify the dimensions this evening.

Once I have verified the components, I will be placing an order. For the parts I rec'd on order #507163, I was told by the gentleman on the phone that these can be returned if determined to be the incorrect part. What is the procedure for returning these?

Thank you!

Steve
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If the shoe is bigger than that of our Series 380 then you could consider our Series 385 instead, which has a larger shoe.

Check out our Return Policy for more information on how to return the incorrect balances.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.