Replacing drawer slides

A home owner from Maryland says:

I have two night stands that the drawers don't stay aligned. They are hard to pull out and put back in. Thought if I replace the sliders, it would resolve my problem.

It is hard to find replacement sliders or the same type. Hope you have parts I can use. The sliders I have are about 12 inches long and drawer slider is 5/8 inches and the cabinet sliders is 3/8 inches. Hope this is enough information.

Thanks,

Wayne 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211218_182529.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211218_182542.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211218_185047.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211218_185120.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211218_185405.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Wayne.

This reminds me of our 32-223 but review the specifications and pictures on its store page and compare them to yours to see what you think. 

A quick learner from CA says:
I bought these, but I am mystified over how to mount them. I can't see how to separate the two parts and see no way to mount them without separating them.
Profile picture of Emily

The slides do not separate. To be honest, mounting these parts can be difficult and even we have trouble with it. You have to just spread the two halves apart and do your best to screw it in. It's just the nature of its design. I am sorry that we can't offer a simpler solution. 

A quick learner from CA says:
Actually, I see from other posts that one mounting hole is threaded and the screw goes from the inside of the drawer. So the method is drill a hole in the back of the drawer where the screw will go, then to mount to the sidewalls with the threaded hole in the back. Then put the drawer in place and put the threaded screw in from the inside of the drawer. And last, screw the the front of the rail to the drawer from the outside near the front using a wood screw.
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for this insight; I am sure other customers will find this helpful as well! 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.