Replacing just the lugs for the 82-081

A home owner from Long Beach, CA says:
I have the 82-081 keyed mortise Handle set. One of the mounting lugs has broken so the interior handle is only held in place by the one remaining lug/screw mechanism. Is it possible to purchase only the interior handle or would I have to buy the entire indoor/outdoor Handle set? You can see the little nub of a lug underneath the screw.

Robert
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3584.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We do carry the 82-108, which is the interior handle's mounting plate. However, this is only designed to be compatible with modern versions of the 82-081. It wont work on older, wider versions of this handle set and you will need to reuse the original mounting screws. Take a look and see what you think. 

A professional from CA says:
Not old or new. just different.
A home owner from Long Beach, CA says:
I replaced everything except the mortise mechanism. I retained the old lock so we don't have to get new keys made. Easy fix.

Robert
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Great, I'm happy to hear that you were able to repair your door and were able to reuse the original lock. Please let us know if you need anything else. 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.