Replacing lock on Arcadia sliding doors

A quick learner from CA says:
I'd like to replace the locks on my original Arcadia sliding doors in my 1958 Eichler. Would 82-303 fit?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Arcadia "Eichler" model. If you can, please send us photos of your lock. We would need to see both the inside and outside. We will also need to know the distance between the screw holes and the door thickness. Thank you!
A professional from CA says:
"Joseph Eichler is considered by some to be a social visionary and commissioned designs primarily for middle-class Americans. One of his stated aims was to construct inclusive and diverse planned communities, ideally featuring integrated parks and community centers. Eichler established a non-discrimination policy and offered homes for sale to anyone of any religion or race. In 1958, he resigned from the National Association of Home Builders when they refused to support a non-discrimination policy."

Enough with the history lesson,
Eichler homeowners usually want to keep the home as close to original as possible as the homes have some degree of historical significance. Many people see the homes as having a Frank Lloyd wright type of notoriety to a lesser degree.

Eichler used some very unusual parts and replacing them can be a challenge. Pictures would definitely help. 82-303 doesn't look like any Arcadia parts I've seen, but I haven't seen everything.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.