Replacing rvert-styled drawer slide rollers (not the entire slide)

A quick learner from Calgary, AB says:
I have inherited a set of metal laboratory-grade cabinets, enough to equip my entire workshop and for a great price (free). The only thing wrong with this set is a bit of wear and tear, including worn out / broken nylon rollers on the drawer slides.

the drawer slides are welded onto the metal drawers, making it impossible to replace the whole slide kit. the roller bearings are in good shape.

The rollers are the rivet style and I need to replace wither the nylon roller surrounding the ballbearings, or replace the entire wheel (roller+bearing).

Before I go out and measure the exact dimmensions (approx 1" diameter rounded egde - not flat), is it possible to replair the roller in this situation?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It's hard to say if this will work or not. I'd have to see what kind of system you're working with. Could you take a few pictures and upload them here for me to see? That will give me a clearer idea. In the meantime, you might want to consider our 32-096. Could you get this to work?
A handy person says:
Here are my pictures.

User submitted photos of drawer rollers.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great. That helps clear things up for us. It looks like that system is welded together. It may not be meant to be repaired. That said, you could consider something like our 10-101 7/8" diameter shower door roller. This has a rounded edge and uses a 8/32 machine screw. You could drill out the roller and screw this wheel on instead of trying to rivet it on.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)