Replacing wheel on 84-062M

A home owner from layton, utah says:
I have the columbia screen roller 84-062M. I need to replace the wheel for larger then 1/4 in. because the gaps n frame on floor exceeds! any ideas?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Replacing the wheel on the 84-062M may be trouble, as it is riveted on. Before we look into possible replacement wheels, have you tried adjusting your roller? There should be an adjustment screw on your door--usually on the end--that can raise and lower the existing roller. Give that a try and see if it makes up for the gap.
A handy person from Greeley, CO says:
I saw several posts associated with this part, and it seems people do replace them, but this response is the only one that notes it's difficult because they're riveted in. Is there a video or set of instructions for doing this? We've got one that's not rolling properly, and one of the four nylon wheels is broken. It's got four of these, 2 on top, 2 on the bottom. Perhaps all need to be replaced.

Thank you!

Anna Barton
(Real estate broker, property manager, and handy person ... not all licensed real estate brokers are Realtors.)
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't have a video on this part, but perhaps I can still help. 

The 84-062M screen door roller clips onto the lip in the top or bottom cutout. The front two lips limit how far the roller wheel comes out of the door cutout. In some cases the clip-on part is either held in place with a pop rivet (which would need to be drilled out of the old one to remove) or a simple screw. You mentioned that yours is secured with a pop rivet, so you will likely have to drill that out.

Hopefully this information is helpful to you. I'd also be more than happy to look over your setup if you were to submit photos. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.