Replacing window crank hardware in Grand Blanc MI

A home owner says:

Hey Swisco, I recently ordered a dozen of your window cranks, some of the replacements have gone easily. Now I'm getting to the nastier windows. Looks like I'm going to need a few more parts that have rusted out. Specifically the window attachment bracket and the lower slide linkage. I'd like 8 of the brackets and 4 of the lower linkage. Do the attached photos provide enough info for you?

Rich

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6FAC69D5-CB64-43AC-8FE1-C7BFA73A0487.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FF91E692-4877-423E-A8A6-8BC879189621.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Rich. It sounds like you might need new window hinges. Check out our 36-004-10. Look over the dimensions and see if you think this could work for you. 

A home owner says:
Thanks for your help Bob, it's close I guess but not the same. Are there key dimensions to consider in order to make a conversion to with your new part?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 699FB31C-BB47-4D64-AEF6-9C3430760179.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 47DB4EF7-92F9-4239-AE02-86BE5CA558A0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 861B93D4-D4BA-41FE-BADE-E3EE2D51FAE5.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

As long as the general length is the same then you should be okay. These are very forgiving, to a point. I've used our 36-004-10 that Bob recommended to replace your type of hinge and I think it works great, but the catch is that you have to replace the top and bottom at the same time. You don't want to mix old and new hinges or else the operation of the window will be lopsided.

Basically as long as the hinge operation at the top and bottom is symmetrical then you shouldn't run into any problems. The video below will go into more detail.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.