Window Balance Parts

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Marianne. It looks like you want to replace your channel balances as well as your top sash guides. The channel balances are the 'rods' on the sides of the sash. They are spring-loaded mechanisms that allow the window to open and close at will. We can certainly replace these for you, but we will need to see one of the balances removed from the windows. Photos of any attachments at either end of the balance would be helpful. Please keep in mind that these balance types might differ for different-sized windows, so if you have to replace multiple sets be sure to account for possible differences.

For your top sash guide, could we have a full picture of one removed from the window, with mugshot photos of the front and side? Many thanks.

A quick learner from Yorktown Heights. New York says:

I have windows that I can remove, clean and replace. The rods re 22" and have a stamp "2120" the clip on the window itself is what i now find is missing on many many windows. I will need all new rods and need to replace these clips. I don't know the manufacturer. Any advice or help is appreciated.

Than you

Marianne

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 170AF641-CDCC-4130-A35E-004A4BD47128.jpeg
A home owner from Yorktown Heights. New York says:
These are the rods and the missing piece on the window
A home owner from Yorktown Heights. New York says:
Thank you so very much for your help as you can see a piece is broken off. ( on most of them. ). The window it's self had missing pieces on the end.
I hope the photos are what you need
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6CB9464F-F85F-4D02-8A59-6FFC55BB9273.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. For your channel balance, see our S350-22, with a stamp option of 2120. 

The part attached to the window sash is the top sash guide. It helps keep the channel balance in place during the operation of the window. Can you show us an undamaged version removed from the window? Again, mugshot pictures of the front and side tend to be most helpful. Many thanks. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.