Request for help with hardware replacment

A quick learner from USA says:
I need to replace hardware on a KC sliding glass door. The existing hardware is shown in the photos below.

I would like a full replacement of the handleset, mortise latch, and keeper. I would prefer to have a satin nickel finish if possible. I do not need to have such a tall handle. A shorter handle would be preferred.

The handlest appears to be 3 15/16" and the mortise latch and keeper 3 7/8" and 3". I wondered if something like 82-087 along with 82-211 might work.

Thank you for your help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3554.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3787.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3785.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3788.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3783.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't sell this style handle. Your mortise lock could be our 82-211, but but I would need to see it out of the door to confirm.

Now, the 82-211 mortise is compatible with our 82-087 handle set, but the design of the 82-087 is so different from your original that I can't be sure it will install properly on your door. In a worst case scenario you will have to drill new holes, but even then it's not a guarantee. Look it over and see if you think it's something you could get working on your door frame.

A quick learner from USA says:
Hi Tom:

I really appreciate your response. I took the lock apart a bit more. Unfortunately, I could not pull out the latch. Hopefully this provides a bit more useful information that might help me decide what new hardware to buy.

Thank you again for your help.

John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3907.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3908.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3909.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's a huge help, thank you! So, your mortise here has a 45 degree slot for the thumb lever and key tails. These tails both insert into this slot from the inside and outside and they both have to be at that exact angle.

So, that's the good news. That means that on paper, our 82-087 handle set will technically be compatible with your mortise lock. The trouble now is how much of a hassle it will be to mount it to the door itself. Your hole spacing almost certainly isn't going to be similar, so you will need to drill new holes for the 82-087 to mount. That also means you need to find a way to take that mortise lock off first so that you don't accidentally drill into that.

Personally, I think you may want to consider our 82-030 handle set, instead. This is more or less the same thing as the 82-087, it's just a little more flexible since it has an adjustable thumb lever. That means you have a lot more leeway in terms of where it mounts to the door, which is something you might need. The catch is that it's not available in metallic finishes. It also doesn't come with a key lock, but you can purchase our 82-310 separately and use that.

It's ultimately up to you. I still can't guarantee that any of our handles will work, since they're so different, but at the very least I can tell you that they'll be compatible with your old mortise lock. That's half the fight right there, so I'm optimistic. Look over the parts I mentioned and see what you think!

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.