Retainer for storm door (glass and screen)

Home Owner from Brockville, ON
Apr 30, 2024 2:56 pm
We are hoping to find replacement retainers for our full glass/screen storm door.
image image
2 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 1, 2024 3:18 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

We unfortunately don't sell storm door retainers. The problem with these is that every manufacturer has a different design, and even the same manufacturer will change that design from door to door, year to year, etc. It makes it very hard for companies like us to keep up, so they're impractical to stock.

If you want this exact trim, I'd suggest contacting the original manufacturer directly and see if they can supply it to you directly. Otherwise, I do have an old fashioned trick up my sleeve that may work for you. What you'd do is take a few clips like our 70-180 and distribute them evenly around the frame using a screw like our 70-112. It takes a little more work, but they're very easy to deal with. That's how it was done back in the day and it still works on modern doors.

Home Owner from Brockville, ON
May 1, 2024 4:28 pm
Thank you for the information. Have a nice evening.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 2, 2024 8:04 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

And you as well! Best of luck with the rest of the project.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts