Retro fitting/ replacing hardware for bifold metal doors

A quick learner from Cleveland Ohio says:

Hi I have a few older metal bifold doors that were installed with the pins and a track on the top and bottom. I'd like to reinstall them with new pins and new track on the top only and use a corner jamb if possible. What parts would replace what I have? The holes in the doors for the pins are 5/16"

Thank you

Victor

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Victor. Can you tell me the diameter of the existing pins, as well as the diameter of the caps atop those pins? Is there a label on the door you can show us as well? From there we'll do our best to find replacements for you.

A quick learner from Cleveland Ohio says:
The pins are 5 1/4 inch long with a diameter of 5/16th the cap diameter is 3/8th. I included a picture of what's stamped on the doors that's the only labeling I was able to find.
Thank you
Victor
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 03AF7BC5-E252-4637-BBCD-3E71E758B5D1.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings. You have an old Slimfold bi-fold door. The bottom adjusting pin would be 21-001, and the three other pins would be our 21-007. The 21-154 pivot rod clamp is only used for the bottom adjusting pin, the 21-001. The tracks is the 21-401 or the other-sized varieties I have listed on this page. The metal bi-fold doors are design to use both the top and bottom track. You can try using a bottom corner bracket, the 23-316, and you would replace the bottom adjusting pin with the 21-003. I can't guarantee it to work, but it is our best option for you.

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.