Retro fitting/ replacing hardware for bifold metal doors

A quick learner from Cleveland Ohio says:

Hi I have a few older metal bifold doors that were installed with the pins and a track on the top and bottom. I'd like to reinstall them with new pins and new track on the top only and use a corner jamb if possible. What parts would replace what I have? The holes in the doors for the pins are 5/16"

Thank you

Victor

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Victor. Can you tell me the diameter of the existing pins, as well as the diameter of the caps atop those pins? Is there a label on the door you can show us as well? From there we'll do our best to find replacements for you.

A quick learner from Cleveland Ohio says:
The pins are 5 1/4 inch long with a diameter of 5/16th the cap diameter is 3/8th. I included a picture of what's stamped on the doors that's the only labeling I was able to find.
Thank you
Victor
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 03AF7BC5-E252-4637-BBCD-3E71E758B5D1.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings. You have an old Slimfold bi-fold door. The bottom adjusting pin would be 21-001, and the three other pins would be our 21-007. The 21-154 pivot rod clamp is only used for the bottom adjusting pin, the 21-001. The tracks is the 21-401 or the other-sized varieties I have listed on this page. The metal bi-fold doors are design to use both the top and bottom track. You can try using a bottom corner bracket, the 23-316, and you would replace the bottom adjusting pin with the 21-003. I can't guarantee it to work, but it is our best option for you.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)