Retrofit into window screen

A quick learner from Canada says:
My window screens are setup with the 4 plastic tabs that are always breaking. How can I retrofit this top tension and possibly a leaf spring into the frame of the screen ?

I was thinking a drill and a rivet set might be easiest but was curious as to what you would recommend.

Many thanks !
User submitted photos of screen hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if we can help with this. You might have to keep the clips you're already using. You have large gaps at the top and bottom of your screen between the track on your window. You could try to install something like our 70-194 leaf spring on one end, and either our 70-008, 70-009 or 70-195 on the other end, but I do not know if that will work. See what you think.
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.