Ribber balance

A home owner from USA says:
I need your help on this and I have attached three pictures of what I need. Sometimes it is hard matching these parts up using pictures alone. What I am looking for is 35 inches long and is a "ribbed" piece using a block and tackle operation. I measure the channel on the old piece and it is exactly 1/2 inch wide. The spring that goes on the inside of this balance is 18 inches long. I need this to have the little steel connector that attaches to the pivot shoe. My window weights 22 pounds (B code) and I need two of these balances. Could you please see what you have that comes close and e mail me so I can order them. I will probably wind up sending you one of the old pivot shoes, as you just have too many on your site and numerous dimensions.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have a vinyl tilt window where the balance is screwed on the top of the window track. Can you confirm? If so, I think you should consider our S770-35 balance with a stamp option of 35B. Two of these can carry a sash weight of 16 through 22 pounds. The ribbed balances are used for wood sashes with jamb liners and are attached with a s-clip at the top of the liner, which may not be what you have. What do you think?
A handy person from chelsea alabama says:
yes on the vinyl tilt window. And yes I had already bought 2 35 series S770 balances. ( order # 616414) The 770 are squared off and not ribbed as pic #1 shows. Thus the squared off S770 fit ok but did not allow the window to slide up because of the squared off corners. The balances that I trying to replace HAVE to have the ribbed corners.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Gotcha. In that case, this balance will have to be custom made. I am thinking our S751-35, but with the shoe swapped out for our 15-043 terminal clip (originally meant for the Series 770). I would also be using our 34R for sashes weighing 15 through 24 pounds. This actually covers a wider range than the 35B for the other Series, so that's not a bad trade off. As for installation, you would just drill into the metal channel to screw it in, just like your old one. What do you think of this setup?

If you're on board, check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
A home owner from chelsea alabama says:
OK..that is why I sent you the pics....question..The first pic I sent was one of the end of the balance...as you can see it is not squared off and it is beveled all the way down. I don't think this was a custom piece as all the windows in my place have the same thing. I wish I could tell you what brand of windows they used. We bought the house new and believe it or not, there is not a name anywhere to be found..strange.I will fill out the request form. Thank you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)