Ribbons aren't working, would like to replace if possible

A home owner from Kentucky says:
Hello, I have 3 windows roughly the same size that have all stopped working. The common part that is failing is the ribbon balance. One window the balances have snapped, and the others are bending when I try to raise the window up.

I took a picture of the parts still installed, but can remove them if need be.

Thank you for your time, and sorry if I got any terms wrong.

-Jeff
sash parts
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The hardware you're looking for is known as a coil balance system. See our 15-111 pivot shoe and Series 160 spring, I think these can work for you. You'll need the number printed on the old springs to determine the best option.
A home owner from Louisville KY says:
I was able to get a coil off and these numbers are on there:

5 64" #5.5 64" 110397

I have 2 coils linked, should I order 2 of the 5.5lb 32in series 160?
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, if your old coil springs were stamped with "5.5" then I'd recommend our S160-5.
A home owner from Louisville, Ky says:
I asked on the discussion if I could link 2 32" coils because the original was a 64". The travel length is too short with the 32" coils. You don't sell a 64" coil. Could I modify my window to accept the 32" coils? If so that would be great, but otherwise I would like to return the coils. Thank you for your time.
Profile picture of Tom
You could install the balance springs lower in the jamb track, yes. However, you'd need to make sure that they don't interfere with the tilt latches. The last thing you want is to install the balances halfway down the frame only to find out the tilt latches bump into them when you try to operate the window. I would play around with how they're positioned to be sure it will work.
A home owner from Louisville, KY says:
I was able to install the new balances lower on the window, and everything works beautifully now. Thank you for saving me a whole lot of money!

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.