Right side double hung tilt mechanism

A handy person from House in Colorado says:

Hi,

This is difficult since the house is in a different state (rental). The damaged window is due to a wind storm that appears to have broken a part on the right side of the lower half of the window. It now cannot rest in the track and is not stable even when latched.

I hope you can help us identify the part to repair this window. The house is in Arvada, Colorado and perhaps you can direct us to what it needs to be repaired and how to get the parts. We live in Michigan, but own the house in Colorado; my husband is planning a trip there to repair the damage to the property from the recent wind storm. The outside of this window was not damaged; the force of the wind caused this part to fail.

My husband will be out there and is quite good at building and repair; he believes if he can get the correct part, he can fix this window. The renter sent me a video and I captured frames to make photos to send to you. She could not find any other identifier on the window except that it is an Acorn window.

Please let me know what you need to help us get the parts to repair this. I really appreciate your assistance in this.

Sincerely,

Maryann 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Part Closeup 2.jpg
A handy person from House in Colorado says:
The measurement for the window are 29? wide X 29? tall. The measurements for both windows in the opening are 61 3/4? wide X 58 1/2? tall.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DR Window.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello there, Maryann. Your window is in fact an Acorn window. The top tilt latch that should work for you is our 26-169. This is a simple repair that is held in with two screws. 

A quick learner from House in Colorado says:
Thanks Paul, I will get the part ASAP! I appreciate the help.
Maryann
Profile picture of Paul

You're welcome, Maryann. We'd be glad to hear back from you once your repair is finished!

Can this same part number be used on both the right and left side of the window?
Thanks,
Maryann Richards
Profile picture of Paul

Yep, the 26-169 can work on either side interchangeably.

Thanks Paul, I've ordered the parts,
Have a great weekend.
Maryann
Profile picture of Paul

Excellent! You, too.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.