Roller guide

A quick learner from Whitecourt, Alberta says:
Hello, the top and bottom roller guides require replacement on my old metal bi-fold doors. The top roller guide is 4" long and the bottom is 5" long. I need 5 of each but I would take a few spares if you have them. The plastic wheel is broken or missing on the roller guides.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9FCAD443-E082-4D28-A96A-F604ED11C3F3.jpeg
Looking through your parts, I'm wondering if the only the plastic piece on top needs to be replaced?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 17718127-8E4A-4A66-8C98-B89CC61F2438.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think there's a good chance you can get away with just replacing that nylon cap, yes. Before I recommend anything, can you tell me its diameter? Can you also tell me the diameter of the pin that it fits on top of? You may find it easier to measure an undamaged version of this same assembly, assuming you have another on your door.

Thank you for your response. The pin it fits on is 1/4" diameter. An undamaged cap measures as follows: 1/2" H 5/8" W on the bottom. 3/8" W on the top
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3973ADBC-5BCB-4E8D-8366-5689201EDE32.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! The closest match I could find was our 21-101. This fits a 1/4" pin, but the top part is 13/32" in diameter. Do you think this could still work for you?

Side profile view with measurements
Side profile view with measurements

Alternate view with measurements
Alternate view with measurements

I'll have to measure the track opening.
Thank you!
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.