Roller substitute for 23-044?

A quick learner from San Francisco says:
I see the top guide 23-044 (which is what I have) but mine rattles a bit with use during sliding. Is there a roller option that can securely position the door in the top channel and cut this noise out?

Mine is probably 30 years old but in good repair and not broken (upper channel still measures out at 1.5"), so if maybe the guides wear down over time then a new one will fix my noisy door.

Open to suggestions on this, and happy to listen to those with more experience.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For your 1.5" channel, your old 23-044 might have worn down, which would cause the noise you describe. You can also try spraying silicone in the track. We also have a top guide with rubber wheels, our 23-222B. That might eliminate the noise as well.
A quick learner says:
I did check my existing my guides -- and there is a small tab (plastic) that has dried and fallen off 75% of my guides. It looks like new ones (ordered already) will address the issue.

Question about the roller guides: is is a problem that the width is 5/16" and not 8/16" (half inch) like the channel width requires? The rubber should be quieter but the lack of width concerns me with the potential for movement laterally within the track.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If the channel will not accommodate the 23-222B, then you are probably better off sticking with the original guide you have. We usually recommend that anyway. I would try lubricating the track with silicone first, since that's the easiest and painless procedure. If it works, then you're good to go. If not, then you should consider replacing with the same guide you have now.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.