Roller that only has U.S. Pat. 4850145

A home owner from USA says:
I need to replace a roller that only has "U.S.Pat.4850145" and 23-028 was recommended in your blogs but my roller mount is on the opposite side. Is there another option?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 23-028 is meant to work for either the left or right side. There is no opposite handed version. Are you sure this is what you have?
A home owner from USA says:
the mount I'm referring to is the part of the roller that holds the door (not sure the correct term). the screw holes screw into the door and the door sits upon a little hook (holds the door). On the broke roller, the screw holes are on the same side as the hook. the 23-028 I has the screw holes on the opposite side of the hook. please help. thank you. I will try to get a couple pics to send
User submitted a photo of a closet door roller.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
I see what you're saying. Unfortunately, we don't have any roller like this. The best matches we have are our 23-028 and maybe even our 23-064. I cannot guarantee that these will work for you, but you may be able to retrofit them to work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)