Rollers for patio doors

A handy person from 92692 says:

Need 4 new roller assemblies as shown in photos. Nylon wheel is 1.25 diameter and stamped with "KILIAN" TORONTO, CAN SYRACUSE, NY

Unit thickness at Sheetmetal is .710, at button protrusions is .825.

If needed I could modify or adapt something similar. Patio doors are vintage mid '60's. Thanks!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190929_114238.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190929_114254.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190929_114306.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that I've never run into this roller before. I have come across the KILIAN branding before, but our records show that name to be associated with a bunch of different parts, and none of them match what I see in your photos.

Could there be more to this roller? I'm wondering if maybe this is just the inside portion of a complete roller assembly. I would check your door for an outer housing. If I'm right, seeing the whole assembly together would be a huge help.

Let me know whenever you get a chance!

Hi Tom, You are correct; this is the inside part of the complete assembly. I cannot remove the complete assembly easily, so I took more photos and measurements.

The outer housing length is 1.75, the width at the external tabs that butt against the door frame is 1.09, the width of the main body that fits into the door frame is 1.19.

Thanks for helping!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191004_102741.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191004_102816.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191004_102842.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191004_104318.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191004_104337.jpg
Correction! The width that fits inside the door is .81, Not 1.19! (13/16, not 1 3/16).
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! It's tough to tell while it's installed, but we'll do our best. Please give us a little time to look into this and I'll let you know as soon as we can.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, I think I can help. Take a look at our 81-281 roller. This has those same back tabs as yours, so I think it's worth looking at first. I'm not sure if you will be able to snap the wheel into your existing housing in the door. From what I can tell, you will need to remove the complete bottom rail off the door to access the mounting screw. Some doors are designed this way, which can be frustrating. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.