Rollyson Aluminum Window Part

A home owner from Reston, VA says:

We have a townhouse built in 1993 which has the Rollyson Aluminum Windows.

In a lot of the windows in our home, the strip holding the pane is chipped (see photo 3) and we were wondering if you stocked this part or could recomend a similar part. We do need quite a lot of these strips as our house has approx 30-40 windows.

Please see attached photo's of the part we are looking for.

Look forward to hearing from you.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I would start out by looking at our 55-158-6 and seeing how this compares to your glazing. If you aren't sure, could you remove a small sample and take a picture of it's cross-section? We would need to see its shape.
A quick learner from Reston says:
Perfect, just ordered these.
Was wondering if you have or could recommend a tool to be able to cut these for fitting the corners.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Great! The 55-186-6 is a very rigid glazing, so you might want to use a fine tooth hacksaw.
A handy person from Indiana says:
Hi "a quick learner." I have the same problem, house built in 1992. Same windows. Did these strips work and fit well?

Dave from Swisco, do you sell them in longer lengths?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! The 55-158-6 is a very unique vinyl glazing, and the longest length available is 6'.
A quick learner from Reston says:
Sorry for the late response but yes, these fitted and worked perfect. I did however use a contractor to install them. Going to be ordering some more shortly..
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)