Rollyson Channel Balances

Quick Learner from USA
Jun 1, 2023 9:59 am
Greetings-
I am needing to replace eight of our Rollyson window channel balances. These are all the same, with the metal section measuring 30 15/16" in length. Please find attached photos showing the plastic ends as well as the model identification. I can call with a credit card once I hear back from you.
Thanks!

The length of only the metal part of the balance is 30 15/16".
This is an non-tilt window.
The width of the balance is 21/32" and has a depth of 19/32".
The depth of the bottom fitting measures 15/16". They may have been one inch prior to being in use for thirty years.
Please find more photos attached as requested.
Michael Bal1 Michael Bal2 Michael Bal3 Michael Bal4 Michael Bal5
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Jun 5, 2023 3:24 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for writing in. Given your measurements, it looks like you have the S380-31 with a 1" shoe. However, there is a chance that you could have the 7/8" 15-029 bottom shoe. I would recommend double checking the measurement for the depth of the shoe to confirm. If it is 7/8" these will need to be a custom order balance. Also, the length of the metal channel should be 31" even.

You'll need to select the 3030 stamp for a 30 to 33lb window.

Dimensions for 15-029
Dimensions for 15-029

Quick Learner from USA
Jun 5, 2023 8:54 pm
Hi Jasmine-

I double-checked the dimensions of the existing balance. The length of the metal part is 31", and the depth of the shoe, as in the 15-029 model, is just very slightly over 7/8", but definitely not 1". Please also note the bottom of the shoe in my photo that was sent earlier in comparison to the 15-029 model. Mine has very little, if any, flat (horizontal) area at the very bottom compared to 15-029 model, which has a flat area that is almost half of the depth dimension.

When you say "custom order" would it be safe to ship just one, or a set of two, so that I can try them out? I have ordered from your company perhaps ten years ago to replace a few of these exact same balances and they worked perfectly. I don't know if my information would still be in your system.

Thanks for your patience!
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Jun 6, 2023 8:47 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Unfortunately, we do not save records of past orders after about 5 years. I believe you are speaking about the wing to wing measurement which is showing as 15/16" (broken down as a decimal 0.9375). This is the same on both shoes.

The measurement I am referring to is the front to back measurement which is 1" on the standard 15-005 winged channel balance shoe and 7/8" on the 15-029 (or 0.875 as a decimal). Take a look at the diagram for the 1" shoe below.

Alternate view of 15-005
Alternate view of 15-005

If you are certain you need the 1" shoe, then the S380-31 will work fine. However, if you would like for me to get the order link made up for the custom order please let me know. There is an order minimum of (2) balances per custom balance.

Quick Learner from USA
Jun 6, 2023 9:32 am
Prior to my last response, I removed one of the balances from a window which has only been opened perhaps twice in thirty years that I know would not show any signs of wear on the plastic shoe. It measured the same as the other ones which have been used very often. The measurement that I sent to you is of the depth, not of the wing-to-wing. The included photo shows the depth to be what I would determine to be exactly 7/8". Other than what I shared concerning the amount of flat area at the very bottom of the shoe, I would say that the 15-029 is the correct size. If you find this to be the case, then I would like to order eight of these.

Thanks!
IMG_4999
1 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Jun 6, 2023 10:51 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for confirming. I've sent a link with a quote for (8) with the 15-029 shoe attached. You may use this link to review the quote and to place the order.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts