Rollyson channel balance replacement

A home owner from Gahanna (Columbus), Ohio says:
I have a double hung 1992 Rollyson with broken channel balance on each side. I know one side was broken and the other has dropped down in slot, assuming it also is broken.

The bottom window is approx. 29" tall including the frame. I think I might need your 380 series (28") replacement. Sound right?

I've watched your video and removal and reinstallation looks easy. Doing both at once, still easy? Can I do it myself (semi-handy)?


Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us, Tom. I can't say for sure what you have, I'm afraid. Your best bet is to remove both balances from the window and carefully compare the specs we have for the S380-28 to your hardware. Replacing both balances at once is just as easy as replacing just one. Our video shows everything you need to know.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)