Roto Casement

A quick learner says:
Mission insert connector for a Roto casement

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5CB3B750-B971-401A-9DAC-A797AC67FA9F.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. While we do not carry an exact replacement for your Roto operator, we do carry the Male Roto Folding Handle that is compatible with your operator. Take a look at part 39-226 to confirm that this is is the handle you'll need. I am confident this is the correct replacement.

I do want to be sure to mention that replacing the handle alone may not fix the issue. When these handles fall out, its usually because the collar in the operator hole has stripped. The handle may actually be in good working condition; in most cases, its the operator that is broken.

With that being said, the bad new is, that the collar cannot be repaired or tightened. There are two options for you to consider.

The first option would be to replace the full operator along with a new handle. We typically recommend starting with reviewing the 39-399 operator with the 39-232 handle to see how it compares to your original. This is a newer modern version, so you would need to purchase a new, compatible handle.

The second option is to use glue or even scotch tape on the handle stem to pad it out and help it "bite" into the operator hole. This is only a temporary solution that may only give you a few extra years of usage, if you are not interested in replacing the full setup at this time.

Please review and let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.