Roto skylight operator questions

A quick learner from Bedford, MA says:
The operator on our ROTO skylight is getting a bit tight. I have sprayed some WD0 on the chain with some improvement but please advise best way to lubricate the mechanism. Does the enclosure split apart at the mid line?

Also is the handle secured with an Allen set screw?

If no significant improvement is realized by better lubrication I plan to order a replacement operator. A photo of our operator is attached. The base dimensions are 2 x 10-3/4".

Thanks,
Allan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roto_skylight_operator.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If you already lubricated your operator with no result, then I don't think lubricating it more will change anything. Odds are the gears are wearing out and you will need to replace the operator.

As for how the handle secures, it depends on the handle. Most older handles use a set screw, but a lot of more modern ones are pressure fit. You'll just have to check it to see which one you're dealing with. It should be self-evident.

How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.