Rusty roller in condo window

A quick learner from 29572 says:
Hello,

I would like to replace the rusty metal roller in this window with a non-rusting nylon roller. Any ideas what part(s) I'd need?

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200611_110543116_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200611_110602013_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200611_112501145_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Snip1.JPG
I should have mentioned that I'm happy to replace this with non-identical hardware that will work as well (or better!)
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Could you show us a photo of the roller removed from the window? We'll need to see the entire housing to compare to potential replacements. Thank you!

I won't have access to the window until very late in September, but will send a picture then. Thank you.
Hello. I had contacted you previously, but wasn't then able to supply pictures of the removed part. Here they are. Again, I am looking for any part that will work, whether identical or just compatible. And I would prefer a nylon roller, if possible. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200928_104114866.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200928_104304668.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200928_104359981_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200928_104427484.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

It appears that you have a Reynolds window that was made back in the 1980's. The metal wheel and nylon housing is our 87-021. If you need the screw as well, take one to your nearest hardware store to be matched up with a replacement. Thank you!

So grateful for your help! I'll order it pronto, and hope it can get down here while we're still here!
Hello once more. We did receive the window parts in good time, but we were not able to replace our stripped out screws as easily as you mentioned. At the wonderful local hardware store here, they don't stock two-inch #8-24 stainless steel screws with an end like a dog point at our hardware store. I called two fastener stores and they said that they've never seen #8-24 of screws made, that these were custom made by the window manufacturer. Please advise if you have further suggestions for purchase.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Looking at your photos I don't believe you have a screw with a 8-24 machine type thread. It looks more like a type of sheet metal screw. I believe you could use something like our 33-021 but longer, un order to match the length you need. Check back with your hardware store and ask them if they can supply you with a longer version of the 33-021. I believe you should be able to use a regular type point.

OK, thank you very much. I'll give it a try!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.